NEWS ARCHIVE: 2005
22 July 2005
The following paper has been accepted at the Fifth World Enformatika Conference, Prague, 2005: MG Omran, AP Engelbrecht, A Salman, "Dynamic Clustering using Particle Swarm Optimization with Application in Unsupervised Image Classification".
Daniel Rodic has successfully completed his PhD, and will be awarded the degree on 5 September 2005. Congratulations!
The following paper has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation: N Franken, AP Engelbrecht, "Analysis of PSO Approaches to Co-Evolve IPD Strategies"
25 May 2005
The following papers have been accepted for presentation and publication in the Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation:
- M Omran, AP Engelbrecht, A Salman, "Differential Evolution Methods for Unsupervised Image Classification".
- N Franken, AP Engelbrecht, "Investigating Binary PSO Parameter Influence on the Knights Cover Problem".
- G Pampara, N Franken, AP Engelbrecht, "Combining Particle Swarm Optimisation with Angle Modulation to Solve Binary Problems".
- A Edwards, AP Engelbrecht, N Franken, "Nonlinear Mapping using Particle Swarm Optimisation".
6 May 2005
The paper, "A New Fuzzy Operator and its Application in Topology Design of Distributed Local Area Networks", by SA Khan and AP Engelbrecht, has been accepted for publication in Information Sciences journal.
14 March 2005
The paper, "A Color Image Quantization Algorithm Based on Particle Swarm Optimization", by MG Omran, AP Engelbrecht and A Salman, has been accepted for publication in the Informatica Jounral.
17 February 2005
The following conference papers have been accepted for publication:
- L Schoeman, AP Engelbrecht, A Parallel Vector-Based Particle Swarm Optimizer, International Conference on Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms, Protugal, 2005.
- E Papacostantis, AP Engelbrecht, N Franken, Coevolving Probabilistic Game Playing Agents using Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm, accepted for IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Games, Essex, 2005.
The following papers have recently been accepted for publication:
- F van den Bergh, AP Engelbrecht, A Study of Particle Swarm Particle Trajectories, Information Sciences, 2005.
- M Omran, AP Engelbrecht, A Salman, Particle Swarm Optimization for Image Clustering, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 2005.
- A Salman, MG Omran, AP Engelbrecht, SIGT: Synthetic Image Generation Tool for Clustering Algorithms, ICGST International Journal on Graphics, Vision and Image Processing, 2:33-44, 2005.
- D Rodic, AP Engelbrecht, Social Networks as a Task Allocation Tool for Multi-Robot Teams, South African Computer Journal, number 33, 2004.
Andries Engelbrecht will present a tutorial, "Particle Swarm Optimization for Game Learning", at the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Games, April 2005.
Andries Engelbrecht has been appointed as an associated editor of the IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation for 2005.
16 February 2005
The following students have completed their degrees and will graduate in April 2005: Mohammed Omran (PhD), Edwin Peer (M.Sc - cum laude), and Gert Nel (M.Sc - cum laude). Congratulations!