The Computational Intelligence Research Group consists of several active focus areas, each of which is accessible via the links to the left of the screen. The focus areas currently include the following:
- NN: Research on various artificial neural network models is done here.
- DM: Work on data and text mining, conducted with the use of tools from computational intelligence, is done here.
- SI: Research on swarm intelligence is done here, with a specific emphasis on particle swarm optimization.
- EC: Work on evolutionary computation is done here, with the current drive towards research on coevolution.
- MAS: Here, research is done on multi-agent systems.
- AIS: This focus area concentrates on artificial immune systems.
- IA: Research on image analysis, specifically using techniques from the field of computational intelligence, is done here.
- Bioinformatics: In this focus area, research is conducted into the application of computational intelligence to biological problems.
- Games: Where research on intelligence in computer games is done.
- Optimization: Specific research applied to different classes of optimization problems.
- Finance: Application research in the financial sector.
For more information about our commercial and industry research please click on the "Industry" link on the left.